Friday, November 30, 2012

Catching Up

Annieleaves13copy
sorry - I know B's head is cut off , but it was the best one we got : )

Our Thanksgiving was lovely - plenty of delicious food and catching up with family that we don't get to see nearly enough . Meeting new additions and reminiscing about old times .
A long overdue brother/sister evening out at a favorite restaurant .

Blake was able to come in town , but unfortunately it was one of those trips where we left one another feeling like we spent very little quality time together .
So grateful he will be back again next week .

Although I feel like I've somewhat caught up between life and work , I can still feel the stress stirring inside of me . There are times I feel I can't catch my breath - I internalize so much of it .
And I feel like it is months from fully going away .
I have never looked forward so much to spending a long stretch of time at home - no trips , no vacations , no big plans - just being .

On Thanksgiving , the three of us - Blake, Annie, and I - were able to steal a moment as the day was coming to an end .We took Annie outside to play in the leaves , her new found love .
Looking at these pictures gives me a sense of calm .

I absolutely love our little family .
I adore my sweet little Annie .
She is my little miracle that I get to experience every single day .

There is so much about myself that I have yet to figure out , so much to learn about who I am being prepared to become . But I know without a shadow of a doubt that in spite of all of my short comings and what little knowledge I have at this point in my life , that I am being prepared to be the best mother that I can be for her .

It is my prayer that I continue to listen to the still small voice that guides me as I continue on that journey .

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry they are so dark - it was getting late and I am not a master photographer or photo editor .
And yes, I am aware that I just posted over 10 pictures of my kid playing the leaves .
Deal with it .

On an unrelated note - I completely forgot to mention that my awesome parents got me a sweet new camera for my birthday !
Hurrah !

- e

No comments:

Post a Comment